Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas in Jo'burg

It's my first Christmas morning in South Africa, and I'll be heading to church in just a few minutes.

It's still not quite real... that I'm actually here. It's a bright, beautiful morning with a cool breeze. (The sun is out - completely - by 5am... which I'm still getting used to.) The breeze feels wonderful through the open windows and doors.

Happy birthday, Jesus! today is your day... as are all the others. I love you. And I thank you for being here and bringing me here. Thank you for not making me feel overwhelmingly lonely today. I still miss being with my family, but I've received emails from several of them. In fact, one of my sisters has sent several... updating me about the activities, events, and all the kids. She's even posted photos on FaceBook. It makes me still feel connected somehow. Thank you, God, for my loving family. Please be with them today, and help them focus on you.

I'm going to cry if I don't stop writing now...

No comments: