Thursday, November 17, 2005

Egypt . . . a whirlwind tour!

EGYPT . . . what an amazing trip. I don’t even know how to begin to describe all that we saw and did. Plane, train, bus, taxi, camel, van, horse and carriage, ferry, sailboat . . . we were constantly on the go!

I must say that it was incredible to see the pyramids and some of the pharaoh’s tombs, but to me it was even more significant to go to the Red Sea, travel on the Nile, and drive through the delta (the former biblical land of Goshen). The secular history is so intertwined with the biblical history, and experiencing it firsthand makes scripture seem to come even more alive.

On another note . . . I have been in a mosque before, but this was my first time to be in the women’s side of the mosque in the midst of prayers. I was able to have a fairly long conversation sharing my faith with several Muslim women. I never thought that I would have an opportunity to proclaim Christ’s love and share His joy during the Muslim call to prayers in the center of a mosque. My heart breaks for those women who don't know Jesus! They don’t even seem to realize that they need something more. They’re not even seeking. I am praying for them constantly . . . that God will give them an emptiness with their current state and a desire for something more!

No comments: